FIRE PREVENTION & EDUCATION (FPE) COMMITTEE
The NRCG Fire Prevention and Education (FPE) Committee fosters interagency leadership and coordination support of the establishment of fire-adaptive communities, resilient landscapes and safe and effective wildfire response through public information, education and the promotion of fire prevention messages and measures.
The FPE consists of zone representatives and agency representatives. Agency representatives and zone representatives are appointed by their respective board members. Other interested entities will be encouraged to participate as ad hoc members. The NRCG Board will appoint a board member to serve as the liaison to this committee. Current board liaison is Mike DeGrosky.
Zone Representatives – the role of a zone representative is to represent their zone during committee meetings, assist in fulfilling duties listed below and disperse information to partners in their zone.
- Central Montana – Terina Goicoechea
- Eastern Montana – Shannon Bonney
- North Dakota – Michael Odell
- North and Central Idaho – Courtney Couch
- Northwest Montana – Ali Ulwelling
- South Central Montana – Marianne Baumberger
- Southwest Montana – Chris Johnson
Agency Representatives - the role of an agency representative is to represent their agency during committee meetings, disperse information back to their agency, serve as committee chair when it is their turn, assist in fulfilling duties listed below and provide financial support to committee programs if available.
- Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation – Crystal Beckman
- Forest Service – Rita Chandler
- Bureau of Land Management - Chris Barth
- National Park Service – David Eaker
- Idaho Department of Lands – Mark Eliot
- North Dakota Forest Service -Michael Odell
- Bureau of Indian Affairs – Jeff Moyer and Kevin Weaver
- Fish and Wildlife Service – Neal Beetch
- Disaster and Emergency Services – Nadene Wadsworth
- Fire Wardens Association -
- Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association – Vern Burdick
- Fire Chiefs Association – Bob Hanson
Ad Hoc Members – the role of an ad hoc member is to represent their organization and/or area of work, participate in information sharing and program planning and assist in fulfilling duties listed below.
- Fire Safe Montana
- Fire Marshal’s Office
- Keep Montana Green
- MT Fish Wildlife and Parks
- Idaho Firewise