(Graphic) Northern Rockies Coordination Center Banner
     NRCC Home     |    National     |     About Us     |     Site Disclaimer     |     Contact Us
    Where To Begin
  > (START HERE) <
    Equipment Requirements
    Personnel Requirements
    Training Info/Providers
    National Mobilization Guide
    NR Mobilization Guide
    NRCG IIBMH Supplements
    Agreements / Current Info
    Forest Service VIPR
    NR Dispatch Zones
    Equipment & Verification    Inspectors
    Useful Links

What should I do to prepare for making an agreement with the Government?


Thank you for your interest in assisting local, state and federal government agencies in the event that an emergency arises. This site is designed to provide you with a “one stop shopping” place for information specifically related to the State and Federal groups for wildland fire suppression or all-hazard incidents.

** It is important to note that this information does not guarantee you will be hired. Fires/Incidents vary by season as does the need for contracted equipment. Additionally, in most cases not all types of equipment are needed for all emergencies. The equipment used/hired is solely dependent on the nature of the emergency and factors (such as terrain, weather, and safety) that exist surrounding the emergency. **

Please review the following information/requirements for doing business with the agencies.

- Recognize Incident Business Practices

Review the National Wildfire Coordination Group's (NWCG) Interagency Incident Business Management Handbook (IIBMH) requirements in Chapter 20This is the PRIMARY policy and regulations governing agreements.

In addition to the IIBMH, the Northern Rockies Coordination Group (NRCG), has a SUPPLEMENT known as NRCG Chapter 20 to help you tell the difference between the two documents.

- Understand Requirements

Personnel Requirements page -Information on Training Requirementsand Safety Regulations.

Equipment Requirements page -Information on Equipment Specifications, Driving Regulations

After reviewing these documents, if you wish to continue the process, the next steps are listed below.

STEP 1. - Getting Started (New Vendors)

• Obtain an e-mail address.  A valid e-mail address is required to register with DUNS, SAM and eAuthentication.

• Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number.  Provided by Dun and Bradstreet (D&B), the DUNS number is a unique nine digit identification number that is used to identify businesses working with the government on a location-specific basis. When establishing a D-U-N-S Number select US Gov’t Contractor. There is no fee to register

Additional DUNS information can be found at: DUNS Number

If calling the self-request line at 1-866-705-5711 mention that you are obtaining this number for a ‘federal fire agreement’.

• Obtain an IRS Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).  For invoicing, payment, and tax purposes, you must have a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), as required by the Internal Revenue Service.There is no fee to register

• Register with System for Award Management (SAM).  Vendors doing business with the Federal Government are required to complete a one-time registration providing information relevant to procurement and financial transactions to facilitate payments through electronic funds transfer (EFT). In order to register with the SAM, vendors must have a DUNS Number, -and- a TIN Number. This registration must be updated annually to maintain an active status.There is no fee to register

Registration assistance may be obtained from the Federal Service Desk (FSD.gov) at toll free, 1-866-606-8220 A yearly renewal is required to keep your registration active.

STEP 2. - Requirements in the Northern Rockies

Only one award nationally will be made for any piece of equipment or service within a category. Preseason agreements are generally for a period of 3 years. There will not be another opportunity to sign up these types of equipment/services until the end of the three year period. Some agreements may be 1 or 5 year awards. Reference agreement period in the Solicitations.

In the Norther Rockies Geographic Area the DOI Agencies and Montana Department of Natural Resources & Conservation have the logistical equipment/services. The operational equipment/services are managed by the U.S. Forest Service. Some categories are not solicited in the Geographic Area. Reference NR Solicitation Plan

• MT-DNRC Montana Department of Natural Resources & Conservation        
Requires registration in the eMACS system There is no fee to register 

• DOI - Department of the Interior
    -BLM - Bureau of Land Management -Contracting Information
    -NPS - National Park Service -Contracting Information

•USFS - U.S.Forest Service Register for Level 2 eAuthentication account    required for vendors utilizing the VIPR System for US Forest Service    solicitations. Utilization of eAuth required once every 90 days to keep    account activated.  There is no fee to register

• Register at FedBizOpps (FBO) and watch for business opportunities.   Competitive solicitations for incident support will be posted to FBO. Every   solicitation is different, so carefully read the instructions on how to submit   your  bids or proposals. There is no fee to register.

- Additional Assistance

Contact your local Procurement Techinical Assistance Centers (PTACs) for additional assistance/expertise regarding requirements for government contracts.

- Northern Rockies Dispatch Centers

Information for Dispatch Centers in the Northern Rockies Geopgraphic Area - Idaho, Montana and North Dakota

- National Contracts

Aircraft, National Caterers, Showers, T-2IA Crews. National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC)

(Graphic) "USA.gov"

NRCC Home | About Us | Site Disclaimer | Contact Us

Northern Rockies Coordination Center
5765 West Broadway, Missoula, Montana 59808-9361

go to NRCC Home Page