Fire Prevention News and Education
- Fireworks In Utah
- Communicator's Guide: Wildland Fire
- Creating Wildfire-Defensible Zones
- Education Materials On Line
- Fire Effects Information System
- Fire-Resistant Landscaping
- Fire Wise
- Frequently Asked Questions (about wildland fire)
- NIFC Prevention & Education Webpage
- Protecting Your Home from Wildfire
- Ready, Set, Go!!!
- Smokey Bear
- This Thing Called Fire
- Wildfire...Are you Prepared?
Questions about Bark Beetles ?
Wildland Urban Interfaces (WUIs)
The National Firewise Communities program is a multi-agency effort designed to reach beyond the fire service by involving homeowners, community leaders, planners, developers, and others in the effort to protect people, property, and natural resources from the risk of wildland fire - before a fire starts. The Firewise Communities approach emphasizes community responsibility for planning in the design of a safe community as well as effective emergency response, and individual responsibility for safer home construction and design, landscaping, and maintenance. (read more)