Roles, Responsibilities and Authorities
Strategic Planning Team
Team Leader: Shawna Legarza (BDF)
Forest FMO Southern Sierra Province Rep: Joe Reyes (SNF)
Tactic Tracker: Arlen Cravens Acting Dep Director (FAM-R05)
Forest FMO Southern California Province Rep: Carlton Joseph (CNF)
Line Officer Representative: Eli Ilano (TNF)
Forest FMO IBET Province Rep: Kit Bailey (TMU)
Executive Secretary: Marva Willey (FAM-R05)
Forest FMO Sierra Cascade Province Rep: Dave McMaster (MDF)
Regional Strategic Planning Rep: Gary Biehl (FAM-R05)
Forest FMO Northern Province Rep: Marc Nelson (MNF)
Strategic Planning Team:
- Reports to the R5 FAM Director.
- Reviews recommendations found in reports, reviews, and Chartered Committees' Program of Work documents for potential Strategic Plan visions, strategies, and tactics.
- Recommends vision, vision focus areas, strategies, and tactics to the FAM Board of Directors (BoD).
- Recommends Project Manager assignments and target start/end dates.
- Updates the Strategic Plan document.
Strategic Planning Team Leader:
- Reports to the R5 FAM Director and the FAM BoD.
- Provides oversight for the accomplishment of Strategic Plan elements.
- Annually updates the R5 FAM Director and the Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) on projected accomplishments and actions.
- Reviews tactic briefing paper with R5 FAM Director and Project Manager (person responsible for tactic) to determine need for Director decision or BoD presentation and decision.
Strategic Plan Tactic Tracker:
- Reports to the Strategic Planning Team Leader and R5 FAM Director.
- Monitors and tracks the progress of individual tactics in the Strategic Plan.
- Coordinates and assists Project Manager in acquiring the necessary resources to complete the tactic.
- Helps remove barriers to achieving the tactic.
Strategic Plan Project Manager:
- Reports to the Strategic Plan Tracker and the BoD.
- Provides oversight for the accomplishment of the Strategic Plan tactics, including benchmarks for timely progress.
- Assigns tasks to Chartered Committees through the appropriate BoD representatives to accomplish assigned tactic and/or develop a task group.
- Keeps Strategic Plan Tracker updated on status of the tactic and presents the final accomplishments to the BoD.
FAM Board of Directors:
- A BoD representative is a member of each Chartered Committee. The representative attends all meetings and is the primary link between committees and the BoD.
- Recommends to the R5 FAM Director additions or deletions to Chartered Committees considering a proposed charter or mission statement.
- Periodically reviews the charters of all sanctioned committees.
- Reviews and approves, by November 30 of each year, the annual program of work for Chartered Committees.
- Requests periodic accomplishment reports from Chartered Committees.
- Acts as clearinghouse for ideas, strategies, and tactics.
- Members serve as Strategic Plan Tactical Project Managers.
- Reviews and approves tactic accomplishments and/or recommendations: Approved BoD recommendations are submitted to Strategic Planning Team for plan adjustment.
- Report to the BoD representative and share the following common elements:
- A BoD-approved charter, including objectives, mission statement, and goals; the BoD representative will sign the charter as approved and submit to the Strategic Planning Team Leader.
- A BoD-approved annual program of work, including proposals and objectives for large meetings and workshops.
- A defined organizational structure including:
- Membership tenure
- Membership selection
- Any subcommittees representing the Chartered Committee.(See Appendix B)
- When assigned a Strategic Plan tactic, develops benchmarks and timeframes appropriate to the start and end dates of the tactic.
- Completes staff work in the accomplishment of an assigned tactic, reports to the Project Manager, and makes presentation to the BoD as needed or requested.
- Established by the R5 FAM Director, BoD, or Project Manager.
- Reports to the Project Manager.
- Exists for a finite time for a specific stated purpose.
- Develops benchmarks and timeframes appropriate to the start and end dates of the task.
- Completes the staff work to accomplish the task.